Sleepys - Expensive mattress sags so much, I rolled out of bed.
I paid $1,600 for my mattress in November of 2012.After eight miserable months, it was so uneven that I rolled out of bed (see photos of my hands).
I phoned the next day to take advantage of the 20-year warranty. They said a "mattress inspector" had to test it to see if it was defective. They said it was fine. I kept switching sides, lying on it diagonally and occasionally on a tiny strip in the middle that was not horrible.
Of course, if I turned to either side, I'd roll down the hill. Two months ago, I called again. They said an inspector had to come out, but it could only be on a Wednesday (I worked all of December). I said last time the inspector came on Saturday.
Well, now it's only Wednesday -- but somehow they decided to come last Monday. They said there was a one-inch sag (they consider 1.5 inches to be defective) plus a big lump.
Today they said the mattress is not defective -- even with the lump.All they can do for me is offer a corporate discount on a new mattress but with no warranty.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Misinformed us
- Terrible customer service
- Mattress inspection sham
- Misrepresented warranty info
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- I want a new mattress. I don't want a refund and don't care if the value is significantly less; I want one I can sleep on.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "We used First Shield Trio for two months with no problems. Yesterday was the third month so we applied the application as usual and our 8.5 pound peekapoo puppy started..."
- "Lamplighter sold me a mobile home as a handyman special. After I purchased the mobile home,lamplighter kept the add on craigslist,as bait for other tenants. Then they would switch them to..."
- "In the top photo the caption came on my daughter's face, which was not visible while placing the order. Need a replacement. It's of no use. I received a promo..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."