Update by user May 26, 2012

This is an update. After my original post, Sleepy\'s immediately contacted me by email in hopes to find a resolution.

The woman I have been in communication with by phone at their customer service department has been nothing short of what I believe \"customer service\" should be. She really listened to me (imagine that!), and seems sincere in wanting to provide customer satisfaction. The first step is to get my mattress re-measured which will happen next Saturday. If my mattress does not qualify, ie has not sagged at least 1.5 inches, I believe Sleepys will work with me regardless.

Slowly, my faith is being restored in Sleepys. I will write again!

Original review posted by user Apr 25, 2012

In January 2010 I bought a Stearns and Foster mattress (no boxspring) from Sleepy's for $1100.00 (a splurge for me!) and was in heaven. After years of lower back pain and chiropractic I was finally waking up without having felt I was sawed in half.

My friend from out of state visited, LOVED it, and went home and bought one for herself. Fast forward a year and a half: where my boyfriend and I sleep are without support, there's a small mountain up the middle, and I went through the hole thing of calling, having a tech come (who would tell me nothing) then getting a letter in the mail telling me the bed was not sagging enough (not in those words). Two weeks ago I actually drove myself to emergency with chest pressure, and after X-rays, CAT scans, stress test, blood tests...I was told my heart was fine, and the chest pressure could be something muscular stemming from my back...and it's all making sense to me now!!!

Sleepy's has not heard the last from me...I will be visiting the store where I bought the mattress, and I am positive I will not get any help, but I need to speak with a human being-not some pie in the sky letter from somewhere out there. Anybody have any suggestions where to go, besides this website???

Comments

I wanted to take the time to update my original complaint. As I suspected, my bed was measured and was found not to be sagging enough for me to be covered by the warranty.

The Sleepy's Customer Relations rep, Ana, called to tell me that in spite of this, she would do everything possible to help me find a mattress without having to pay a fortune again. Ana actually kept following up with me even though I was slow to get to Sleepy's to pick out a new mattress and get this done. In the end, I got a Sealy Posturpedic valued at over $2100 for a FRACTION of the cost with free delivery.

I can't thank Ana enough, as well as Sleepy's for accommodating me during this ordeal. I am completely satisfied with how this was resolved!!

Kitty11 Thank you for sharing your concerns. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you.