Sleepys - Sent a defective mattress 3 times then charged me $175 return fee
Update added by user Mar 30, 2015
They also forgot to mention the tax that they charge on the return fee. So it's really around $190. What a joke.
Original review posted by user Mar 23, 2015
I ordered a Queens sized Serta Iseries mattress and after I put it on my new frame about 2 weeks later, I realized that the mattress was about 2.5 to 3 inches short in width.I measured it and it came up to 57.5 when it should be 60.
I contacted Sleepy's and was informed that they would exchange out the mattress for a new one without a problem. I asked them to make a note and measure out the mattress in the warehouse before it is sent and was told that they would. I also contacted Serta directly and advised them of the problem. A few days later the new mattress was delivered and it was the same problem.
The mattress is so short in width that even the delivery person noticed. I contacted Sleepy's again and told them I wanted a refund but they told me they would get a managers approval and do another exchange but make sure the mattress is measured before being delivered. I waited another day for the new mattress to arrive but the driver could not make it in the 4 hr window given to me so I had to reschedule the delivery. The new mattress was delivered a few days later and I had the SAME EXACT problem.
I contacted Sleepy's for a refund and was told I had to wait 30 days as per Serta's policy. I contacted Serta and was told that I didn't have to wait 30 days since there was an obvious defect in the mattress. I contacted Sleepy's again and was told I needed to get an authorization number from Serta for a return. I called Serta back and was told that was a total lie and to call Sleepy's back.
I called Sleepy's and spoke to a supervisor. She put me on hold for a few minutes and contacted the district manager. I was told that I should receive a call from the district manager in 10 minutes to process the return. I received a call from the show room where I purchased the mattress within 10 minutes and was told to come in to process the return.
I get to the showroom and was advised that there would be a $175 return fee. I tried to explain that it was a defect in the mattress. Why would I be charged a return fee? I contacted the corporate office again and the representative agreed that I shouldn't be charged a return fee but it was up to the district manager to waive it and he could not do much more than ask them to waive it.
After going back and forth with corporate and the show room for 3 hrs the district manager would not waive the fee or price match a mattress from another company. All I wanted was a mattress that was the proper size. I did a lot of research to find a mattress that I liked and really wanted to keep it but the size was not right at all.
None of the sheets fit and I end up paying $175 for what?Great way to treat your customers Sleepy's.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Corporate customer service
What I disliked
- Misinformed us
- Extra cost for exchange
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Queen Size Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "I am having the same experience with Gold Crown Resort. When we purchased our membership we were told the annual renewal fee was waived for life. Now, all of a..."