Sleepys - Sent a defective mattress 3 times then charged me $175 return fee

Update added by user Mar 30, 2015

They also forgot to mention the tax that they charge on the return fee. So it's really around $190. What a joke.

Original review posted by user Mar 23, 2015

I ordered a Queens sized Serta Iseries mattress and after I put it on my new frame about 2 weeks later, I realized that the mattress was about 2.5 to 3 inches short in width.I measured it and it came up to 57.5 when it should be 60.

I contacted Sleepy's and was informed that they would exchange out the mattress for a new one without a problem. I asked them to make a note and measure out the mattress in the warehouse before it is sent and was told that they would. I also contacted Serta directly and advised them of the problem. A few days later the new mattress was delivered and it was the same problem.

The mattress is so short in width that even the delivery person noticed. I contacted Sleepy's again and told them I wanted a refund but they told me they would get a managers approval and do another exchange but make sure the mattress is measured before being delivered. I waited another day for the new mattress to arrive but the driver could not make it in the 4 hr window given to me so I had to reschedule the delivery. The new mattress was delivered a few days later and I had the SAME EXACT problem.

I contacted Sleepy's for a refund and was told I had to wait 30 days as per Serta's policy. I contacted Serta and was told that I didn't have to wait 30 days since there was an obvious defect in the mattress. I contacted Sleepy's again and was told I needed to get an authorization number from Serta for a return. I called Serta back and was told that was a total lie and to call Sleepy's back.

I called Sleepy's and spoke to a supervisor. She put me on hold for a few minutes and contacted the district manager. I was told that I should receive a call from the district manager in 10 minutes to process the return. I received a call from the show room where I purchased the mattress within 10 minutes and was told to come in to process the return.

I get to the showroom and was advised that there would be a $175 return fee. I tried to explain that it was a defect in the mattress. Why would I be charged a return fee? I contacted the corporate office again and the representative agreed that I shouldn't be charged a return fee but it was up to the district manager to waive it and he could not do much more than ask them to waive it.

After going back and forth with corporate and the show room for 3 hrs the district manager would not waive the fee or price match a mattress from another company. All I wanted was a mattress that was the proper size. I did a lot of research to find a mattress that I liked and really wanted to keep it but the size was not right at all.

None of the sheets fit and I end up paying $175 for what?Great way to treat your customers Sleepy's.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Queen Size Mattress
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #612320 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sleepys? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Mar 30, 2015 #965621

Sleepys verified representative

Dear Jaszpreet,
We regret any inconvenience you are currently experiencing. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to assist. We have located your account and one of our specialists will contact you to work towards a resolution. Thank you for your patience.

0 2 Reply

Mar 24, 2015 #962826

Sleepys verified representative

Good morning. My name is Cathy and I am a representative of Sleepys Customer Relations department. We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We are here to help! Please email us at and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. We look forward to speaking with you.

0 2 Reply

Mar 30, 2015 #965551 Elmhurst, New York

Don't ask me to provide you with my contact information to make it seem like you want to resolve the situation. You still have not contacted me. Your company is a complete joke.

2 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sleepys. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sleepys.
Filing a new complaint about