I went to Sleepy's to buy my first mattress for my new apartment. What started out as a great experience quickly went sour, and has continued for the past two weeks.

I purchased a mattress and boxspring set. To start off, the salesperson (Roger) lied to me when he said the set would cost $799. What he meant was the "free" delivery and "free" mattress protector would cost me an addition $190 and my mattress set would only be $610. Good deal you say? Not when they tell you your set cost $799 and when you go to exchange the set they are only going to credit you $610.

Why did I want to exchange my set? My first delivery came and both the mattress and boxspring were stained. The next day they sent a new set, and the boxspring was stained. The next day they sent a new boxspring, and it was snagged and the large tag had been cut off with scissors or something. New boxspring sent the following week, the boxspring is about 4-5inches shorter than the mattress.

At this point they wanted to send me a new boxspring again. I called customer service to see what they could do for the hassle, poor product, and time I had to *** work to be there for the deliveries. I spoke with a supervisor named Henrietta. She informed me that when i got to the store I should pick a couple pieces I would like to upgrade to, and she would see what she could do to amend the situation. Went to the store that night, picked a couple out, called her and there was no answer. Then the salesperson called another supervisor who said they do not do upgrades.

Then the regional manager talked to me and told me that my time off was just a matter of poor scheduling on my part. He also pretty much said it is my fault for the situation, and he doesn't understand why I think I deserve an upgrade. Also, instead of receiving an upgrade from what the mattress set was worth, they wanted to go off of what I paid. That doesn't seem fair. It's not an upgrade if I buy I bed cheaper than the set I have.

After the manager, Tom, made me feel like the smallest person in the world, they told me I had to contact customer service again to arrange the return that I requested due to the situation. I called as soon as I left the store and customer service was closed. Now, I have to be available between 9 and 1 this Friday to have them pick everything up. Olga, at the store told me that they will give me a full refund. However, since the set was only $610 and the protection was $100 and the delivery was $90, I wonder if I will get it all back or have to fight to get back my delivery fee.

This story is to be continued. Nonetheless, I went to Mattress Giant to get my new mattress. Mattress professionals...I think not!

Comments

How do we reach Cathy Sable's boss? All Cathy does all day long is paste her email address on a thousand different internet platforms for the hundreds of people complaining about Sleepys defective product.

Hey Cathy! F*** YOU!

This is exactly why I will not shop at Sleepys. I bought a platform bed from them awhile ago.

When it came time to deliver the bed, it took 4 weeks and when should have taken no less than a week. Once the bed was delivered it was damaged. Then they delivered another bed, put it together and they were done.

Come to find out, when we went to bed that night, they had put the bed together wrong and we went through to the floor. Bye Bye Sleepys

Thank you for sharing your concern(s). We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me atcsable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at csable@sleepys.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you.