Purchased a Dr. Breus mattress set a year ago.

The inspector comdemned it--no problem. But, when we got the credit letter, it was about $400 short of what we were told was the price of the mattress. This is our fault--we should have walked out of the store instead of accepting the sales receipt as it was printed (and the salesman's explanation of why it read the way it did) because this is where we went wrong.

SO, for anyone shopping at Sleepy's, beware of the following: YOU GET NOTHING FOR FREE and the price of items aren't what they're cracked up to be!!!

They will tell you that they can give you "free stuff" because they can't discount or make deals on the price of the mattresses, BUT, when you purchase and get a receipt, they actually end up putting a price on the items you get for free, so it DOES reduce the price of the mattress set. SO, when it gets condemned, you get ONLY the reduced price of the set according to the receipt. At the time of purchase, we questioned the receipt and were told by the salesman that the receipt was itemized the way it was because their computer system would not allow them to sell something with no dollar value, so they have to assign a price to the items you're supposedly getting for free. Our advice--don't be fooled into thinking that you're getting sheets, pillows, mattress pads, or any other accessories for free!!

Also, as a side note--watch out for the scam on those accessories, especially if you get them as part of the purchase "negotiation" (I use that term loosely). They had pillows marked with a price of $219+ EACH--but when you have to return them they only refund about $64 PER PAIR (also explained away by the salesman as company policy and computer necessity)!!! The real shame for us is that we get to go pick out a new bed, but with $400 less to spend and we are FORCED to buy it at Sleepy's, even though it is a "manufacturer's" credit--and the kick is, Sleepy's doesn't even sell the manufacturer's product any more (Dr. Breus).

Oh, and by the way, I also found out that when they deliver the NEW bed we pick out, they CHARGE YOU $15.99 per piece to remove the condemned set (3 pieces) from your house (they'll take it to the curb for free--your neighbors will love seeing a bed in the street until your garbage company will take it, right!!!). WHAT A RACKET!

Review about: Sleepys Mattress.

Comments

Thanks for posting this account of your experience. I had exactly the same experience "negotiating" yesterday and now I plan to rescind my purchase unless they will provide a proper invoice.

Dear Boo12,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We would like to turn your experience from negative into a positive one. Please reach out to our team of specialists with your invoice number or customer code and include a telephone number with the best time and date to reach you at csable@mattress.com so we can address the complications you experienced and reach an immediate resolution.

I don't know how anyone could make sense of that - I can't tell what you paid or what your complaint is. And why would you buy a "condmned" mattress?

Or are you not using the correct word? And what is a "credit letter" and why is the price being 400 dollars LESS a problem?

csable@mattress.com
Sleepys Verified Representative

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you. We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint

to script type= Gill, Massachusetts, United States #599334

Kudos to pissed.com for providing a tool for consumers to share their complaints. And Kudos also to Sleepy's for tracking these and helping me resolve my situation.

Our Dr. Breus bed was a nightmare two years after purchase.

We got our credit quickly without dispute thanks to an extremely helpful customer service representative. Our nightmare is finally over.