Sleepys - Box Spring Review from Carlstadt, New Jersey

Carlstadt,New Jersey
1.6
Style and Design

In order to receive a better box spring set for King size, after receiving four defective box springs, I had to pay an additional $156.25 to upgrade to avoid yet another problem. I also found out that the standard box spring that came was discontinued.

Amazing! The box spring had protruding wires causing holes in material. It was less then 30 days and the replacements brought in damaged less than five minutes when holes and protruding was noticed. Felt the manufacturer defect should not force us to spend more money.

Now Sleepy's advertising signs free box springs. The bed was purchased August 30, 2016 and was not cheap. To date I have not been contacted by Sleepy's or Serta. (Sleepy's claims they cannot refund, it has to come from Serta.

The upgrade worked out better.

We were told it was from the I Comfort series and would not void warrantee of mattress. We shall see :-( not a happy customer.

Mattress Firm - Sleepys Box Spring Review from Rock Hill, South Carolina

This place is horrible they took over Sleepys business and told me that they would back their product. I have had a mattress for right at a year that is horribly sagging on one side.

They sent an inspector out who deemed the matress was not defective but the box springs were and we could gladly exchange the box springs. Um hmmm if the box springs are defective don't you think that is the reason the mattress is having issues. Also all just mainly on one side? Called to speak to a manager got a rude robotic customer service rep by the name of Juan states no one there and would gladly have one call me in 72hrs that was the only option.

If I did not agree to that option well then he would just hang up on me real nice customer service.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! We have had nothing but issues from when they were Sleepys to now Mattress firm.

Resolved: Sleepys - Bad customer service

Resolved

will not exchange adjustable base queen for a regular bed frame, with a up grade to a king size bed and box springs. called about 15 times to sleepys also called temperpedic about returning the base , or exchanging to base, the flex hybrid mattress was not comfortable for me and my husband, visited 3 different show rooms, couldn't solved are stressful situation. we were told at one niles show room , we explained are problem to salesmen , and he said to busy to take care of the problem, go to see him at the downtown location , where he would handle the hole problem , he didn't, cost 37 dollars to park,on the way home I realize he wanted us out of the show ,so customers wouldn't hear are complaint.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Salesperson after sale, Misinformation, Salesman lied to us, Warranty policy.

Comments

emurphy
Sleepys Verified Representative

We're sorry to hear this and would love a chance to chat and help resolve this issue. Please email us at social@mattress.com with your order #, contact info, and reference case #01704503.

Sleepys Verified Representative

We're sorry to hear about your previous experience and would love a chance to chat and help make things right. Please email us at social@mattress.com with your order #, contact information, and reference case #01704503. We look forward to hearing from you!

Sleepys - Sleepy's Warranty is a Joke!

We purchased a new Beautyrest Legend mattress from Sleepy's August 25, 2015. We were having back and hip pain with the mattress that we currently had and wanted a new mattress to help with that.

The mattress was delivered and we slept on it approx a week and it just did not feel like the one that we had laid on in the store. We called the manager of the store from whom we made the purchase and he said that we needed to get adjusted to it! Okay right. Slept on it for another week and still not comfortable to us at all.

We looked at the tag on the mattress and saw that we were delivered the wrong mattress from what we had picked out. Again called the manager and he explained that he had entered the mattress SKU number incorrectly. Sleepy's did make this right and brought us the correct mattress but after the problems we are having now, I think this was done just because it was within the 21 day comfort guarantee that they so falsely advertise. We have now had the mattress approx 3 months and my side of the mattress has a "hole" that I have had to fill in with 2 blankets and folded sheets to fill in so that I can lie flat!!!

Went to the store to speak with the manager again and find out that he is no longer employed there. Spoke with the new manager and she informed us that warranty issues can't be handled at a store level that we would have to contact the 800 Sleepy's number. Before I left, she asked which mattress it was that I was having problems with. I showed it to her and she informed me that they had many problems with this mattress and she would not recommend it.

You are selling something that is no good! WOW! So I called and get put through to these very rude Mattress Marshall's people. They tell me that they are sending out a kit with a ruler to measure the "hole" in the mattress.

After a week, we finally receive this piece of string with a washer on each end and a piece of paper with measurements on it. Really? This is how you warranty a mattress? They want pictures with this idiotic string, a picture with the mattress off so they can see the box springs which were purchased from Sleepy's at the same time and a picture of the bed frame!

Really!!! I can't help my husband lift this mattress and he can't do this by himself. Again went the Sleepy's store requesting that a field technician come to our home to inspect because for one it is very hard to see this hole with this being a pillow top mattress through pictures and for two my husband can't lift this mattress. We were told that it would take over another week for someone to come out!

Really!!! We finally had someone help us with the photos and measurements that the 3rd party company Mattress Marshall's was wanting to warranty this mattress. We also received a phone call that someone would be contacting us to come out and inspect our mattress this happened 12/28/15. Today 1/6/15, we received a phone call from someone with Mattress Marshall's stating that even though we sent the required documentation for warranty, they would still need to send out a representative but would not be able to do so until January 23, 2015!!!

I cannot wait another 2-1/2 weeks for something to be done about this defective mattress. I pay $2,000 for a mattress that I am having difficulty sleeping on. I literally can't move in the mornings from sleeping on this worthless, poorly made mattress. After reading many of the recent reviews from dissatisfied buyers like myself, I am not quite sure how long Sleepy's will stay in business.

At this point and reading the thousands of complaints about this company, I think they are selling seconds or returned mattresses! I myself will NOT recommend them to anyone and just want a refund so that I can purchase a mattress from a reputable company! A refund is the only solution to this problem. Others have filed complaints and are on their 3rd and 4th mattresses within only 2-3 years.

I can't go thru this again with this company. Seems like when they have your money, they will not help. I have yet to even receive a "I'm sorry you are having this problem"!

Nothing!!!! Worst company I have ever had dealings with.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Warranty policy, Customer service, Quality of product.

Comments

do you want cheese with that whine.

Sleepys Verified Representative

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your mattress and for any runaround that you've experienced with us. We would love to help resolve the issues that you are experiencing with your mattress!

Please email us at social@mattress.com with your order #, contact information, and reference your case #01637789.

Once we get all your information, we will send your case to the customer care management team. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sleepys - They sell you defective products and don't stand behind them.

The mattress was $1273.76 and the box spring $226.23. It's like sleeping in a valley.

Both my husband and I roll to the middle and it's like climbing a hill trying to get out of it. They won't replace the mattress, only the box spring. If we accept that and the problem persists they won't do anything else. They refuse to send someone to the house to actually see this mattress.

We believe someone should see this but they say they don't send people to the house they only send you a *** test kit.

Don't buy from this company. Better to go online and buy one they at least give you your money back if you aren't satisfied.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

csable@mattress.com

Good afternoon,

My name is Cathy and I am a representative of Sleepy's Customer Relations department.We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Sleepy’s strives for 100% customer satisfaction and takes feedback like yours very seriously.

Please email us at social@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code.

Be sure to include your contact information, including phone number and best time of day to be reached. We look forward to your response and giving us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Sleepys - Delivery Disaster!

Went to a Sleepy's in Virginia Beach on Black Friday to try and save some money on a new mattress. The salesman went over all the bogus lines about caring about our quality of sleep and whatever.

We already researched and new the mattress we wanted, easy day at the office. First we were told we can have it delivered tomorrow, and that the mattress protector, a set of sheets, and metal frame was free, part of the deal. At the end of the sales process, once we had already began the financing portion, he was flabbergasted by some sort of anomaly in the system. California King beds are so rare it can't be delivered for a month from now, and the sheets, protector and frame are not included.

We were disappointed, but wound up buying anyway, seemed like a good deal. Well, the month was up, delivery day, couldn't wait to finally sleep on this thing. Delivery drivers hauled our old bed to their truck, brought the new mattress in, had trouble assembling the simple metal frame. 2 hours later they realized the box springs were way to small, not the right size at all.

Sleepy's says we should take custody of the mattress and they can get the frame and box spring to us in a few weeks!!!! I said I'm sorry but you're going to get my old bed out of the truck, take this *** away and cancelled the deal all together.

The salesman than called me a couple hours later and said he magically found a box spring and can have it to me next day! I went to Sears the next day, got a better mattress for the same price, and they actually deliver what they promise and don't lie to people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Box Spring.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Terrible customer service, Salesman lied to us, Misinformed us, Being misled, Extra cost for exchange.

Melville, New York, United States #916728

Good Morning,

We want to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding your recent shopping experience. We are truly sorry that the service you experienced was less than seamless. We do appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to determine how we might improve our organization and better serve our valued customers.

Sleepys - Box Spring Review from Boston, Massachusetts

1.4
Style and Design

My $1400 mattress that i purchased a year ago is falling apart! They guaranteed me full warenty and the inspector cae out snap puctures and said to contact customer service.

So call a few days later and they told me that they would only exchanged the box springs. Went to the sleepys store for my exchange and at the same time bought me a platform bed. Ted guaranteed me delievery on the 11/26/14 from 8-12 noon. Day came, no delivery!

Called and he told me that they change the date to 12/10/14 without reaching out to me! I said fine to avoid arguments and called them the following week to confirm a delivery for December 10. No answer for days !! I kept calling and it ket going straight to the fax!

So..I decided to stop by to check on my order and the gentleman that was in there told me my delivery will be on February 10 of 2015!!!! Once again no one notified me! I have no furniture and have my broken mattress with box springs on the floor!

I started to cry and all the guy could say is contact customer service! The worst expierence ever and i will never shop or reccommend them again!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

csable@mattress.com
Sleepys Verified Representative

We want to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding your recent experience. We are truly sorry that the service you experienced was less than seamless.

We do appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to determine how we might improve our organization and better serve our valued customers. Please email us at csable@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you.

Sleepys - SUBCONTRACTED DRIVERS RULE!!!!

Deer Park,Illinois

Ordered mattress and boxspring. Received a call that the order was in the Deer Park, IL store.

Went to pick it up - guess what only the box spring was there. For our inconvenience they said they would deliver free of charge. Someone from Sleepys was supposed to call 30 minutes prior to arrival. Driver called, said he was in the driveway.

Went to the house within 15 minutes. We had the wrong key but lived 3 blocks from delivery address. Ran home came back 5 minutes later. Driver didn't wait.

Guess he needed to get back to the warehouse so that he could 'CLOCK OUT' Customer service/district manager was unable to get the driver to turn back and tried to BLAME US since instructions were not on the receipt.

HEY SLEEPY'S GUESS WHAT?

ACCUMULATE ENOUGH COMPLAINTS, CUSTOMERS LEAVE AND YOU HAVE NO JOBS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Box Spring.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

csable@mattress.com
Hicksville, New York, United States #880447
Sleepys Verified Representative

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We are here to help!

Please email us at csable@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Sleepys - Ineffective warranty

2.6
Style and Design

Bought a mattress and box spring in 2008 for our summer home from Sleepy's in Falmouth, MA. Noticed after one year a bump in the middle that has progressively gotten worse.

Bare in mind that we use that mattress maybe 45 nights a year. Finally in 2014 my wife nagged me into addressing the issue. Long story short, visited the store, discussed the issue, was told they no longer carry that manufacturer but I could contact corporate to have the issue reviewed by "the mattress marshal". Called corporate set up an appointment and the marshal came out did his thing and told us we would hear back from Sleepy's within 10 days.

6 weeks went by didn't hear anything contacted Sleepy's who claimed initially they couldn't find our file to eventually calling us back and telling us our mattress was found to be within specifications. Baloney, don't buy here poor customer service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

polsen127
Medfield, Massachusetts, United States #910681

I received an email from pissed off asking me to post that my problem with Sleepy's was resolved. Not true Sleepy's never attempted to resolve this issue nor did they reach out to me.

Hicksville, New York, United States #876545
Sleepys Verified Representative

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please reach out to us at csable@mattress.com and include your Invoice Number or Customer Code, your telephone number and the best time of day to be reached.

We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint. Thank you.

I have had the same issue, terrible customer service. I will never buy from here again.

Sleepys - Warranty is a joke

Northbridge,Massachusetts

Bought 3 mattresses 20 months ago spending more than two thousand dollars. The one of the three a queen carolina mattress guild, plush natures sleep has a large hump in the middle and the sides where me and my wife sleep have wholes that don't even allow us to turn.

I was certain that they would change the mattress but I didn't know that the whole examination thing is really a scam. They didn't even call me back to tell me what is going on and when I called they told me that the mattress is fine and they could send somebody again after a year for another inspection. The hole that the guy measured was around 2,5 inches imagine if he lay on the bed. Somehow, that number decreased later on!!

Nevertheless, they told me that they would exchange the box spring -but who cares about the box spring - and I told them good bye.

We can't even imagine how such a company exists that lie to their customers but its ok because I have all ready bought another mattress from Sears for 650 (a thousand times better) as the old one is really useless (back pains are getting worse).

And don't worry for I am not just gonna stay on this negative review. Next big sale they're gonna have at Millbury in Massachusetts they're gonna find me ahead me, my mattress and about 20 people yelling about their scam.

That's what everybody on this site should do. Throw their defective mattresses in front of their stores.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

csable@mattress.com
Sleepys Verified Representative

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to help.