Sleepys - Very bad experience with sleepy's

A mattress order was placed at 611-615 west 81 St New York NY 10033 location Sold by PQ8027 sales person Eriscilla The order was modified three times because the unprofessionalism ,ineptitude and lack of knowledge of the the sales person resulting delivery delays ,missing items , inconvenience and waste of time , we made so many phone calls to customer service to get this order in line , then finally it was delivered but Still missing the mattress cover protection , a promise was mad to compensate us with a credit of $ 114.86 and a bed set comforter with sheets was supposed to be delivered January 5th and 6th , but nothing was sent to me . The order reference # (105230743 / 105231875 / 105233640 ) This is unacceptable and a ridiculous way to treat a returning customer, I was asked by the sales person to rate the transaction five stars on line while placing the order and I did , but now I m going back to rate it zero and will never recommend sleep's to anyone , I m so disappointed with such huge company that been around for long .

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Sleepys Delivery Service Review from Cranston, Rhode Island

3.9
Style and Design

Firstly, we removed my old boxspring because it had to be taken out of my apartment via the balcony as it could not fit in the stairwell to be taken down the stairs. Sleepy's would only remove it via tradition ways. I totally understood and took care of that removal myself.

When the delivery men finally arrived late due to a truck problem, they seemed to be questioning who lived in my apartment when they asked how the boxspring was removed. I said my boyfriend...

When they tried multiple times bringing the mattress up the stairs and were having difficulties, I was asked how i managed to get the boxspring out. I took one of the delivery men through a bedroom to the balcony only to be asked if that was my son's room. Who's business is that who's room it is? Upon being on the balcony, he proceeded to tell me there was an extra charge to pull it onto the balcony. I asked him to keep trying to bring it up the stairs.

Long story short, I helped to pull the mattress up the stairs. The mattress finally made it up the stairs. My mattress did end up with a big pull in it which I am aware of. However, I believe this could have been avoided if the delivery man didn't have a bracelet on.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Delivery Service.

Comments

emurphy
Sleepys Verified Representative

We're sorry to hear about your negative experience with our delivery service, but we would like the chance to turn your negative experience into a positive one. Please email social@mattress.com with your contact info, order #, and case #01870746 so that our Customer Care Management Team can work to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Sleepys - Delivery Service Review from Hackensack, New Jersey

Customer service does not exist. The delivery hour window just goes out the window.

Woke up at 6 for a 7-11 delivery and its 4pm and no delivery. I wanted to return a box spring without it being delivered so I called Sleepy's customer service and they gave me a bad attitude and a nasty 'That's never going to happen'. Should never trust their garuntees as well as their delivery times.

I payed for a bed frame to be put together and they never assembled the frame. They were nice when paying over money and extremely rude when trying to negotiate a deal for a return on the money before anything was delivered.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Delivery Service.

Comments

csable@mattress.com
Sleepys Verified Representative

Hi, we’re sorry your delivery was late! We would love to chat with you further about your experience (and hopefully help problem-solve)! Please email us at social@mattress.com with your Invoice Number #, and contact info so we can connect you to our customer care team ASAP!

Sleepys - Lousy customer service, false promises

Buyer's BEWARE!!!! Never again will I purchase merchandise from Sleepy's.

This organization believes in passing the blame on each other. For instance the store associate say that he can't do anything because Sleepy's Mgmt has to approve a refund. The first frame that I paid $89.99 for was a bust. On August 12, I called to inform a Customer Rep that my frame was damaged due to several scratches on both sides of my frame as well as a on the bottom.In addition, I had issues with my boxspring.

The customer rep on the phone told me that she would replace the boxspring with a new one. On the day of the delivery, the same exact issue with previous issue happened, so I rejected the boxspring. This organization believes in trying to place the blame on the customer. On phone rep said that they could only exchange because they do not no refunds.

Lesson learned for the future.

Don't let the In store Sale Associate talk you into buying their products. Their products are horrible and can be found elsewhere for cheaper.

Preferred solution: Refund.

I didn't like: Run-a-round, Customer service in person and on phone.

Comments

csable@mattress.com
Sleepys Verified Representative

Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. Please email us at social@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. Please reference case number 01416708 in the email subject.

A specialist will then review the information provided and will contact you to work towards a resolution. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Sleepys - Incorrect Certificate of Insurance

Style and Design

Update by user Jul 21, 2015

I managed to follow up the customer service this morning and get them to send across the updated COI. And FINALLY they have got it right. My delivery is now scheduled tomorrow, fingers crossed everything goes well and there are no further mess ups.

Update by user Jul 21, 2015

Update by user Jul 20, 2015

Today morning the customer service rep called from the sleepy's corporate office informing me they have updated the COI. I asked them to send it across to my apartment office and get it cross checked before the scheduled delivery and then the finger pointing exercise started.

She told its the third party insurance broker who needs to co-ordinate and not them. She as a courtesy called to inform that the COI is completed today. As a customer my seller sleepy's and I would expect them to sort out the COI mess.

They cannot pass the buck, fed up!! Just want to get this sorted after which I would never want to see sleepy's again nor will I recommend it to my circle of friends & family.

Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2015

We had ordered Sleepy's king size gel based mattress on 20th of June. Firstly they rescheduled our delivery date to 7th July as the mattress was out of stock.

Then the problems started with the certificate of insurance. We had sent them a sample COI and send details strictly as per that. Till date they have made mistakes and not sent the correct COI as a result I have had to re-schedule my delivery 4 times. There is no one who we can directly speak to as they have a customer service number and each time you speak to a new customer agent.

We are totally fed up with sleepy's attitude as no one is ready to assist. The store blames the sleepy's back office, the back office blames the third party insurance agent and the customer is caught in this circus.

Even before the mattress has come we won't do business with sleepy's again. My humble suggestion is keep away from this "mattress professional" as they know how to break your back.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service, No ownership.

#1020683

Just in case anyone need to fill out a Certificate of Insurance form, I found a blank form in this link http://pdf.ac/aBnRG0. This site PDFfiller also has several related forms that you might find useful.

Sleepys Verified Representative

Good Afternoon - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered.

We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. Please email us at social@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. Our specialists would like to review the information provided and conduct a full investigation in order to resolve this matter.

Please reference case 01362565 in your email. Thank you.

Sleepys - Horrible Customer Service

I ordered a mattress and split box spring online and patiently waited to receive a call to schedule the delivery. When I never received that call, I decided to call Sleepy's myself. I was told 10 different stories within 10 minutes on the phone with customer service. My payment wasn't confirmed, my billing information wasn't correct, the box spring wasn't in stock, they could ship it the 14th, the 9th, the 12th..... I finally said, look can i just pick up my order at one of your locations? Well, unfortunately Sleepy's seems to be running on some prehistoric operating system and they had to individually call each of their locations in the Boston area to check their inventory. Finally I said to cancel my order and refund my money.

THEN I called Jordan's Furniture in Avon, MA- I had a queen size mattress and split box spring purchased and ready for pickup within 5 minutes.

I will never shop at Sleepys again. I most definitely will never recommend Sleepy's to anyone. Horrible business. Horrible customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Delivery Service.

Comments

csable@mattress.com
Hicksville, New York, United States #868343
Sleepys Verified Representative

We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and take this feedback very seriously. Should you require any additional assistance, please reach out to me at consumerrelationssupport@mattress.com with a phone number and the best date and time to reach you.

Sleepys - Order never delivered

Sleepy's 100 promise says it is fast and convenient. Trusting in that, I placed an order for sheets on July 15th and they charged my credit card July 16th.

On July 17th, I received a message from customer service noting that my sheets wouldn't arrive until the end of July, and asking if I still wanted to proceed. Yes. Then on

on July 29, a customer service representative again contacted me by email and said the new estimated arrival dates of the sheets is the end of August. What?!

Had they told me this two weeks ago when I placed the order, I would have cancelled and ordered with someone else. I won't be ordering from Sleepy's again, and would advise anyone who needs an order by a certain date to take heed.

Hicksville, New York, United States #848478

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your concerns. We apologize again for your experience and dissatisfaction.

As previously communicated we have located your invoice which has been assigned to a specialist, please allow 24-48 hours for the specialist to review and follow up. We look forward to speaking with you.

Sleepys - Terrible Customer Service

I bought a queen size metal futon for $161.00 (includes tax). It was originally over $214, but a nice salesman at the Apex store called someone and negotiated the lower price.

He said I would be contacted within a few days to schedule delivery. I incorrectly assumed they would deliver and assemble it. No call. They just left it on my porch about a week later.

I opened the box and saw it was a million (exagerated) pieces. I didn't see how it could have possible been a queen size. I put everything back in the box and called the number on the invoice to return it. HORRIBLE customer service.

He could not answer any of my questions and I was told he sent an e-mail to the manufacturer and he would get back to me. I called later in the day, because I thought they should be able to give me an answer. The next person I called told me that I would have to send it back at my expense and they would decide if and when I would get a refund.

DON'T BUY FROM A COMPANY THAT CANNOT EDUCATE THEIR EMPLOYEES IN CUSTOMER SERCICE. I guess I am out $161.00

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Delivery Service.

Comments

cathy sable
Poplar Grove, Illinois, United States #826662

Dear anonymous,

We would like the opportunity to speak with you, please email us at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice # and contact information.

Sleepys - Ruined hardwood floors

Sleepy's delivery men failed to put the frame together correctly on our bed. The frame left a six-inch gauge in our brand-new hardwood floors.

When we called Sleepy's to file a claim, we had to follow-up three times over the course of two weeks. Finally we were informed that the claim had been denied.

The delivery men denied they caused the damage, of course, and Sleepy's just decided that they didn't need to call us back or attempt to get any supporting information or photos from us.

The company is characterized by incredibly rude customer service representatives and a policy that trusts dishonest delivery men over customers who spent thousands of dollars at their store.

Sleepys - False Advertising

This is the first review I've ever written about a store, but I feel totally compelled to warn other consumers about the false advertising that will adversely affect your credit. I'm fortunate to have a relatively high monthly income, but my credit is very poor as the result of a recent divorce and the effects of the recession. As a result, I can't get traditional financing. However, my recent college grad needs a mattress, so I went to Sleepy's in Manchester because of the big red sign in their window which read "No Credit Needed - 90 Day Payment Plan" (with no fine print or disclaimer).

I told the salesman (the manager) upfront that my credit was poor, so I'd be taking advantage of their financing. My son picked out a very reasonably-priced mattress, then I sat down to arrange the financing. This involved giving him quite a bit of personal information such as social security number, bank account number, 2 references, monthly income, and blood type (just kidding...but it felt like it). I complied because I assumed it would be a direct debit arrangement from my checking account.

So, imagine my shock and anger when he said "Denied." How could I be denied when there was no credit required? I won't go into details of the conversation other than to say that 1) he passed the buck onto" Progressive" (their financing partner), saying it was their decision, 2) he claimed that he didn't run my credit (which, of course, is false and adversely affects my already poor credit score), 3) he claimed my information would be erased, 4) at no time did he say that financing could be withheld, 5) an apology was never given, 6) I did not swear or become threatening, 7) the customer service rep on the phone parroted what the manager said and was very defensive, and 8) he denied that their sign was false advertising.

I left the store saying that trying to pass the buck onto their financing partner, rather than standing behind their stated advertisement, was bad business practice and that angering intelligent customers was going to hurt them. I promised that I'd be contacting the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection Agency as well as sharing my story on social media. So, I'm making good on my promise!

My recommendation is to avoid the Sleepy's Company altogether, not only for their false advertising (that hurts already-struggling consumers and young people with little or no credit) but also for their over-inflated prices, poor customer service, and $99 delivery fee. Please share this review with anyone you know in the market to buy a mattress. Thank you!

Comments

No credit needed does not mean there are no requirements at all. You must have an active checking account with no NSF in the last 30 days, an income of at least $1000 per month etc.

We now have people at Progressive who can help us turn your denied status into approved. Don't hesitate to contact one of us and have us look into it for you.

I am sorry your experience left such a bad taste in your mouth.

As a Mattress Professional, I always strive to give each customer an enjoyable experience. Mattress shopping is not inherently fun. No one looks forward to it. But I hope they find it to be more enjoyable than expected.