Sales help were non-existent. Did not answer my questions. Were misleading re return policy. I corraled a sales rep to state my specific needs and was promised Sleepy's Tempur-pedic would fulfill my specific need re temperature and that if I didn't like it, I could return it with no questions asked.

Well, in one night I could tell it made me hotter than ever, and then was told I had to wait 30 days to return same; then I was informed that I had to pay extra money to return it and money to have the replacement shipped. No assistance with the replacement which turned out to be a poor choice as well. So after $800 I am still sleeping on my old mattress and Sleepys matresss went into the trash with my $800.

Maybe if the sales associate did his/her job to find me the perfect mattress for me, I wouldn't be such a dissatisfied customer.

Review about: Sleepys Mattress.

Comments

Purchased 2 sets and 1 mattress on Jan 3rd. I called them 1 week later to tell them a spring was no good on the mattress they made me wait 2 weeks for someone to come look.

It took 2 more weeks for them to tell me because I bought one without the box spring they have to deny the defect because it may not have been on the new box spring. I asked if the mattress could be defective after 7 days because of the box spring and they said it doesn't matter the claim is denied. I have been a customer since 1989 with five children and have spent over $12,000 witty sleepys including this $2,800 purchase and my loyalty to them Means nothing. Seven days And they say no warranty.

I will be purchasing from Macy's because Sleepys owns many brands not under their name like 1800 mattres and rock away bedding. It shows you when they get big they don't care about the customer just what they put in their pockets.

#442062

They don't care. They got their money their done.

Ask questions before buying a bed. What is the exchange policy, how does the warrenty work.

ow do i know this is the writh bed for me. How much does an average set cost. How is it differernt here than there. Sleepys is the largest mattress company.

It seems there are all train wreck stories for every company. If you ask questions ther wont be any supprises. My wife and kids bought beds after moving up here. The salesman couldnt have been nicer.

He Drilled him and aksed him all these questions and he answereed honestly and with integrity. I concluded if you make a point to learn about a business and become informed its hard to make the wrong purchase. I read these reviews before purhcasing. 90 % are people who hve NO CLUE About the industry, warrentied in general and waht an exchange means.

There is a reason they are the biggest. THey have the biggest selection and policies set up to help the consumer not screw them.

Seriously does anyone ever read the fine print when it comes to returns? And seriously when you buy a cheap mattress you get what you pay for.

Spend a little more next time and you wont run into bumps and lumps. As for the sales staff...they're selling you a product. It's not their direct fault when something goes wrong. Try yelling at the owner of the company.

Try being an employee. Holiday weekend, big sale equals a sales person working 50 hours. No they don't even get paid hourly. Wah wah wah wake up people a good mattress costs money.

Yeah a mattress is going to cost you a couple of grand or more. So when you see two hundred bucks it's usually just *** and if your over weight plan on spending double that. Face it beds are not made for two three hundred pound people to lay on. I love my mattress and that's because I bought a really good one.

You get what you pay for at Sleepys. So stop crying and stop being so cheap.

Buyer Beware! We purchased a mattress many years ago from sleepy's and it was replaced under warranty when it was determined that it was defective.

With that positive experience under our belts, my wife and I bought three new matress and boxspring sets in Sept. '11

( major home remodel). Well one of the 'firm' mattresses has failed and now Sleepy's doesn't seem to know us. They finally sent a third party technician with his five foot ruler to document the deflection.

The mattress is new so there is no deflection visible to the naked eye but the matress sinks to the boxspring when you sit on it. The technician said, 'We don't sit on mattresses to test them.' I was ready to push the guy down on the bed so he could feel the lack of support.Sleepy's said they don't offer warranties only the company that produces the mattress does that. That means Sleepy's does not stand behind their products. Our claim was denied and we are stuck with a mattress that is unusable.

They haven't heard the last of me. DO NOT BUY FROM SLEEPY'S!!!!!!

never buy any anything from sleepy's!!!!!!!!!! go anywhere else before you go to them do your research before you spend thousands of dollars because you will regret it and they WILL NOT help you at all

I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE BUY ANYTHING FORM SLEEPYS. i HAD THE MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THEM.

i WILL RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO CONSIDERS TO BUY ANYTHING AT ALL FROM THIS COMPANY GO ANY WHERE ELSE BEFORE YOU ENTER IN ONE OF THE STORES. IF YOU BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM, YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY AND THAT I GUARANTEED. IF YOU CALL THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEIR STORY WILL NOT BE THE SAME AND YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL MANY TIMES. YES, THE PEOPLE AT THE STORE ARE NICE AND FRIENDLY BUT ALL IT IS IS JUST MAKING YOU IN BUYING SOMETHING FROM THE STORE.

HOWEVER, THE PEOPLE AT CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE INCONSISTENT. AND THEY WIL NOT AT ALL EXCHANGE ANYTHING OR LET YOU RETURN A MATTRESS OR BASE IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY. ALSO, IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY ANYTHING, BEFORE YOU DO, CHECK THE *** POLICES THAT THEY DON'T GIVE YOU AT THE STORE BUT ONLY AT DELIVERY. HAVE EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND REPORTED IN CASE IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY AND WANT TO TAKE AN ACTION.

I REALLY HOPE I CAN HELP OTHER BY WARNING THE BEFORE THEY EVEN ENTER IN ONE OF THEIR STORES.

IF YOU GOING TO SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MAKE SURE YOU THINK ABOUT IT AND DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU SPEND THEM AT SLEEPYS BECAUSE ONCE YOU DO, THAT MONEY WILL BE LOST AND YOU WILL REGRET GOING TO THAT STORE. IF YOU HAVe ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT artrjs01@hotmail.com

Overcharged purchase, drunken delivery men, delivery on wrong day. I would sleep on the sidewalk before purchasing a bed from this popsicle stand ever again.Avoid this place like the plague.Trust me!!!!

We bought a mattress in FEB of 2011 and sometime in July when we were rotating it we saw a hump in the middle, it has gotten much worse. I contacted them and they spent two weeks getting out to review it and then another 15 days to get back to me.

The tech said it was defected and should not be like that after a few months. Sleepys now say that it has to be 1/1/2 inches and no time restraints.

I am so upset and now I have to contact the BBB the CEO's etc to get my money back. Stay away from SLEEPY's!

Recently I got injured and have 2 herniated disks in my back, so I need to purchase a new mattress that was better for my back. I went to Sleepy's.

The sales person ensured the exchange policy is simple and I would only need to pay $150. He told me ‘no problem, just come to and we will take care of it.’ I had the mattress for only 2 days and its causing me even worst back pains; to the point where I am sleeping at a family’s house in the meantime. I called him to see if I can exchange it - and the customer service told me it’s $250 for a full and I had to buy a mattress protector and pay for shipping - so its $400 to exchange. I could not believe the sales person lied to my face and never told me any of this, when I asked him 3 times with my fiancé next to me about the exchange policy.

He flat out lied to my face and never told me any of this, just to make a sale. I can’t believe how terrible the customer service is at Sleepy’s – they only want to make a sale and they just dump you after that.

I will never go to a Sleepy’s again and make sure to tell all my family and friends about my experience – especially because customer service on the phone was not willing to help me, after I told them I was lied to. .

Hello - I am writing this letter because I am very hurt and upset from my experience with Sleepy's sales staff. I purchased a mattress from the Sleepy's on Essex Street in Hackensack NJ 2 years ago, and was unhappy that I was lied to by the sales person who told me I was paying $650 for a queen size mattress - then the day I went to pick it up, I find that it’s actually a full size.

I looked passed that and because I thought that Sleepy's overall was a good honest brand, and I just experienced 1 bad sales person. Recently I got injured and have 2 herniated disks in my back, so I need to purchase a new mattress that was better for my back. I went to the same Sleepy's deciding to give it another try. The sales person, Arturo, ensured the exchange policy is simple and I would only need to pay $150.

He told me ‘no problem, just come to and we will take care of it.’ I had the mattress for only 2 days and its causing me even worst back pains; to the point where I am sleeping at a family’s house in the meantime. I called him to see if I can exchange it - and the customer service told me it’s $250 for a full and I had to buy a mattress protector and pay for shipping - so its $400 to exchange. I could not believe the sales person lied to my face and never told me any of this, when I asked him 3 times with my fiancé next to me about the exchange policy. He flat out lied to my face and never told me any of this, just to make a sale.

I will never go to a Sleepy’s again and make sure to tell all my family and friends about my experience – especially because customer service on the phone was not willing to help me, after I told them I was lied to. All I wanted to do was exchange my mattress because I am in severe pain.

Purchased a bed and mattress. Was told they were in stock and would be delivered within the week.

Turned out that the bed was not in stock. They called back and offered to send a temporary substitute bed and would replace in a couple of weeks with the bed we ordered.

Long story short, it is now two months and we still are sleeping in the replacement bed, with no real date for delivery of the bed that we paid for in full. Never again!

I just recently bought a mattress from Sleepy's and I would never do it again. The salesman are pushy, undertrained and manipulative.

PLUS, they said it would be delivered between 10am and 2pm the next day...received a call at 1:58 and they said the delivery truck was having some issues and it would be delivered between 4 and 5. Long story short, it wasn't delivered between any of those times!

Would never buy from there again. Just a shame I probably will not buy a mattress for a very long time.

I agree with the person who says they would rather sleep in a tent than ever buy at Sleepys again. NO WAY.

Their 'diagnostic' system is a sham. We really liked the 6 blue/green mattress combo but when we got it ($2,250 it turns out!

though I couldn't ever get them to say what the price was!) -- when we got it, my husband's blue side is SO HARD, he immediately developed back pains and body pains... it is NOT a blue. We went back to the Concord, NH Sleepy's and sat on the RED side, which felt just like his side. In the middle of this bed is a HARD ridge right in the center of the bed...

it is HORRIBLE. For over 2 grand!!!! We told them it was defective, oh they were all sunshine and flowers how they would replace it and NO PROBLEM: we would still have 21 days to decide if we liked it and THEN we could do a comfort exchange, since it was obviously their fault they sent the wrong color mattres... well -- every thing they have told us is a bald faced lie.

It was supposed to be delivered today - and when I called to try to get a time ("anytime between 7 am to 10 pm"..? Give me a break!) -- that's what "Marcia" told me -- when I asked her to see if she could get me closer to a 4 hour window, she put me on hold, came back and said "that mattress is not being delivered today." Really. Then she has the nerve to say to me "you will have to pay $89 for delivery (nope, have been assured several times it is free) and when I told her to just cancel the whole thing, she says "You can't, its over 30 days"... really (which it isn't).

You think so. Concord, NH Sleepy's?

I will sue your *** because I AM returning this piece of *** mattress and if you think you can keep your over charged two thousand three hundred dollars, you got another thing coming kids. DO NOT BUY AT SLEEPYS!!!!

I am so angry I didn't see these before, but I hope ALL people will come here to see Sleepys Mattress Reviews and how they are SCHEISTERS. I have never been so screwed by a bunch of smiling salesmen as I have been.

DO NOT BUY A MATTRESS FROM SLEEPY'S. This company must start to lose money so they will stop lying to their customers. I am going all over the internet with my story. I will come back and post the link when it is done.

I have been lied to over and over and over and they over charged me for a bed that is painful, not like the one in the store, They think they're so smart? We shall see...

we purchased a temperpudic from sleepy's recently. the bed was not comfortable, giving back aches.

called to return and they tell me that they didnot even give us the 90 day return policy on it. We were told intially that tempurpedic came with it. now they tell me, i cannot return it, they will charge me for two pillows and the mattress protector that they gave for free and also charge $399! ridiculous.

they are liars. I am seriously pissed off with them.

All went well when looking the sales rep was very helpful. Until the lies started, "we can have you bed delivered within a few days...no problem" a couple days later i put down my down payment and was told " well your mattress is special order it will take a week to get it in" getting annoyed at this point becuase im still sleeping on an air mattress in my new house..a week, ok thats not too bad.

i call to check in on my deliver only to find that the deliver has been pushed back an additional two weeks... This is BullSh*t.

if they would have told me when i was looking that your bed would take 3 weeks to come in i would have walked out the door. They promise you the world until they have your money :(

Well they are at it again. Sleepys is running its "Friends and Family sale.

This is total B.S.. A couple of years ago, they actually tried this. What happened? The salespeople ended up making "nickles and dimes".

Ever since that first one, all F&F sales are complete shams. It sounds inviting on the radio, but don't believe it.

about 6 months ago we picked up a stearns & fosters mattress from sleepy's. we were looking for a firm mattress and the one we bought was sold to us as a firm mattress.

We enjoyed it for the first two months. After that I started getting back aches because of the mattress it was not sagging but the firmness was not there any more. I have a Firm 6 year old Sealys that is the same after all this time. I called the "outstanding" customer service of sealys who basically shoved me off and said I am out of luck.

Their representative came to the house to measure and i clearly said to her check for firmness not for sagging and she said we only check for sagging. The mattress is not a FIRM mattress and right not Both Stearns and Sleepys are *** me off.

A $1200 that I probably should not be sleeping on is still in my house. I might call the BBB and see how far i can take this.

I am pissed!