I purchased 2 bed frames for pick up from Sleepys- 498 Fifth ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215 on 6/4/2012. One of the bed frames was not available in store, so the person who I made the transaction with- Alex, asked me to come back in a couple of days to pick it up. I called back a couple of days later as I could not go to the store to pick it up; to cancel the order. I was then told that it wasn't necessary and the product would be delivered within 3-4 days. A week later, as I still hadn't received anything, I went back to the store and they had no idea what I was talking about. They told me that it was in store and I could take it with me; but when they went to check on the product; I was told something was missing/ broken and they would definitely have another product 'soon'. I requested them to cancel the product anyway and they said that it would be taken care of. A week later, the cancellation was still not processed so I returned to the store- neither did they have the product nor were they able to process the cancellation. I was given some spiel about how only the regional manager could process the cancellation (for heaven's sake, it's a $59.99 frame!!) who was not available over the phone at that time and I had to call 1 800 753 3797 to process the cancellation the next day. So I called this number the next day to cancel the product and I was told that since it was initially processed as an in store pick up, it had to be cancelled at the store. I called back the store to cancel the product (yes, again!) and this time I was told that it can't be done immediately, it takes a few days.

It's amazing how different people working in the same store are absolutely clueless as to what the other is doing and what is discussed with the customer.

After this wonderful experience, I can safely say that I'll never shop at Sleepys again, even if they can beat the competitor's price by 20%.

Review about: Sleepys Customer Care.

Comments

Thank you for sharing your concern(s). We would like to assist you in this matter and turn your experience from negative to positive.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience. We have your account info from a previous email and will be reaching out to you soon.