Do Not Buy From Mattress Firm

2.6
Style and Design

In 2011, my wife and I purchased an expensive mattress and box spring set from Sleepy's, which includes a 25-year warranty. Recently, one of the two box springs that came with the set has begun squeaking pretty loudly.

I contacted Mattress Firm, who now owns Sleepy products since they went out of business and honors their warranties. Sleepy's provided its customers with free in-home inspection of warranty-related issues and free shipping if replacing a warranty item only. However, Mattress Firm would not honor this agreement and advised that they could charge whatever 3rd party fees, along with shipping costs, as they choose without honoring Sleepy's customer satisfaction policies.

While this may be true, it certainly is poor customer service to ask a customer to essentially pay over $100 for a defective product that only costs about double that figure. You would hope that a large money-making business such as Mattress Firm would stand by their former, and current, products by advising customers that poorly constructed products that they sell, or ones that go bad within the warranty time frame, will not become a financial burden on their so-called "valued" customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Mattress Warranty.

Preferred solution: Replace the box spring at no charge, including no shipping costs..

Comments

The manufacturers warranty clearly states that transportation is not provided. So the consumer would have to pay a delivery fee even if the defective product gets replaced at no charge under the warranty.

The "whatever they choose" fees are standardized fees charged for delivery $79.99.

The warranty is provided by the MANUFACTURER and not by the retailer.

You are making a big fuss over replacing a cheap foundation.

Sleepys - Trying to file a warranty claim is a nightmare!

2.0
Style and Design

Was charged $24.95 for a home inspection kit to tell me that my mattress is sagging. I have my back aches to tell me that!!!!

They tell me that I should get the kit in 8-10 business days. After a month of waiting and still no kit I called back and they said that they would send out another kit. Another month goes by and still no kit! So i call and I request instead of the kit to please schedule someone to come out and inspect the mattress only to be told that they dont schedule those appointments that someone would call me back to schedule an appt.

NO CALL!!!!!!!!!! After a week of waiting NO CALL!!!!!!!! So I call them and ask to please schedule an inspection appt. and I am told that my area is a ONCE A MONTH area and that the inspector will not be back in my area till 4/16 which is 30 days from today!

What kind of flim flam is this!! I have a Sealy's mattress that is two years old that I paid $1000 for that may as well be a troth for cattle.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Mattress Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Would like a new mattress of equal value.

I didn't like: Scam of not honoring warranty.

Sleepys - DENIED WARRANTY CLAIM

1.8

ATTENTION ALL SLEEPY'S CUSTOMERS:

This is the clause in the warranty that they are using so as not to honor the warranty:

Mattresses or foundations displaying stains or soil

that reasonably indicates the presence of potentially

dangerous bodily fluids, blood borne pathogens

or other substances that could cause injury.

They harbor on the words "stains or soil" and selectively choose to ignore the rest. However, mine would qualify as nothing more than a slight discoloration.

After going back and forth on the phone, an alleged manager named "Melissa" had the audacity to have me go back to Sleepy's to make a donation the Sleepy's Got Ya Fund.

So for now I have to sleep in a defective mattress, but it isn't over yet.

I can't tell you where to purchase your mattress but I would implore you to stay as far away from Sleepy's as you can.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Mattress Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Bad warranty.