Lied to by Sleepys sales people

Roxbury,New York

went to sleepys to purchase a new mattress picked out one that we found to be good we were promised del on saturday when we called to ck on del we were told that what we picked out was not available so they offered to sell us a different mattress at a reduced price when i went to the store to check out the other mattress and adjustable frame found the other adjustable frame did not the have the same options when i questioned the sales person about the frame i was told that it was all that was avaliable for weeks turns out Sleepys was bought out by another company and was selling off their stock meanwhile all items on the floor had sale tickets on them while they knew they could not produce the product. They are selling items to people that they know they cannot produce hoping to put them off long enough for the new company to take over. I feel that Sleepys is using very poor business practices in order to not loose a sale the salesman finally told me the truth so i asked for a refund and canceled my order totally

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Sales Manager.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: Being lied to.

Resolved: Sleepys - Sales Manager Review from Youngsville, North Carolina

Youngsville,North Carolina
Resolved
2.3
Style and Design

I went with my brother to Sleepy's in Raleigh on 11/29/15 to get a bed. The reps there assured us that we could change or upgrade our order if he wasn't happy with it.

No one ever told him he could not return the bed not the mattress. He called the store several times and they would not answer his calls (even though the rep stayed in the phone the whole time we were there). I called a different store and they said "sure we'll exchange it" (he wanted a bigger bed) but then they changed their minds, stating that the items he purchased were non-refundable. A brand new adjustable base and a brand new foam mattress were magically min-refundable?

They said it was clearance. Our paperwork said no such thing. I'd have one manager tell us they'd work with us then another would call and say "no." One new manager called and told us she was new and was unable to address the dishonest sales team but her hands were tied and we could not return or exchange the bed. She suggested we sell it in eBay.

The fine print is on the back, and no one ever made reference to it.

We also paid for extended protection. Yeah....

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Sales Manager.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: Dishonest sales team.

Comments

swestra68

It took a while but corporate reached out to me and made the deal BETTER but not great. They told us they would refund the price of the mattresss then we could sell it and buy a bigger mattress.

When we accepted that offer, the offer changed later and they wanted the mattress back. We ended up just keeping the whole set and getting a nice chair for a fee.

Not a great experience. The communication problems with the company are pervasive- everyone knows nothing about what the others are doing.

Youngsville, North Carolina, United States #1093271

I received some satisfaction from Sleepy's corporate. As I stated, there was no reference to the mattress being on clearance.

There was no reference that the items were non-refundable. So they offered a store credit so that my brother could get something else. We are glad it has been resolved.

It's a shame that this could not be handled locally, but either way, we're happy. Thank you!

emurphy
Sleepys Verified Representative

We're sorry to hear this and would love a chance to chat and help resolve your concerns. Please email us at social@mattress.com with your order #, contact information, and reference case #01624667.

to emurphy Youngsville, North Carolina, United States #1086318

Thank you, I'm getting it together as we speak. After i posted it, I took the time to read the "fine print." Nothing stated it was non-refundable. All he wanted was to swap it out for a bigger model.

that should read NON-REFUNDABLE

View more comments

Sleepys - Sales Manager Review from Astoria, New York

Day number 2 that me and my wife sleep on the floor, no thanks to Sleezy 's. We brought an adjustable queen size base and bed Saturday 8/29/15 to be delivered on Sunday the next day.

Sunday night my bed and base arrive, the delivery guy came up the stairs and told me that I can get only the mattress not the base because I live on the second floor and that I it takes three guys to deliver the base up the stairs, he was very rude to me and my wife and insinuated that it was our fault for not letting the sales person know that I lived on the second floor. (But in all actuality I was very specific to the salesman at Sleepy's that I lived on the top, floor 2nd floor. So I contact all the parties involved, for a new delivery Monday night., and now me and my wife have no choice but to sleep on the floor Sunday night. Monday night the delivery guys bring up my base, I noticed that they were taking quite a while setting up the base, I can understand why, the base has electric motors the wiring harness has to be plugged in to the power supply, so after a while the delivery guys tell me and my wife that the adjustable bed base is broken the electronics on it seems like somebody tampered with it, the delivery jokes to us "that's what we get for buying discount furniture off the showroom floor" I explain to the delivery guy that I brought the mattress and adustable base brand new, I spent $3,000 to sleep on the floor two nights, so far.

Is this the service that Sleepy's has to offer to it's customers? Not to mention that I spoke to the store manager from three different areas one from my area (Astoria ) Queens, Washington heights Manhattan, and the regional manager from New York.

I kept getting put on hold continuously, was told to hold on, and was told that I was going to get called back, I'm still waiting for someone to call me back. I will not stop my complaint till I get to Sleepy's executives,better business bureau , department of consumer affairs, etc.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Sales Manager.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

nosleepformeohwell
Cary, North Carolina, United States #1032192

hey-

Just writing you to empathize and let you know I feel your pain, literally. The pain of not getting good sleep and also the pain of being robbed of thousands of your hard-earned money.

Looks like you got a reply from corporate below that they probably posted just to try to look good - my guess is they will not do anything at all for you but if you do get something, then you are really lucky.

Anyway, I posted a BBB complaint but it went absolutely nowhere because BBB actually is no help when it comes to this store.

I don't know who they are in cahoots with at BBB but there is definitely something bad going on - they have thousands of unaddressed complaints that BBB just closes and does nothing to force this company to address....

I just don't want this to happen to anyone else but unfortunately, I feel like a tiny ant being squished under the shoe of this enormous company.

I don't know what to suggest to people looking for a bed - except to read reviews, especially the bad ones, for all the places you are considering and only then should you venture out. A 'sale' is not a deal if it is done with a bunch of lies and then there is no exchange allowed if there are problems.

csable@mattress.com
Sleepys Verified Representative

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your recent experience. We want to talk to you and help resolve this! Please send an email to social@mattress.com with your information and order #!

Sleepys - MATTRESS DELIVERED WAS $300 CHEAPER THAN MATTRESS PURCHASED

My partner and I went to Sleepys on Black Friday to purchase a mattress; we found one we liked and sat with the salesperson, Kelly, to complete the order. First she told us that she had 'good news and bad news". The "good news" was that the price was lower than the sales sticker on the mattress; the "bad news" was that it couldn't be delivered when we needed it, on December 4 or 5. That was no problem, we said, we'd pick it up ourselves and save on delivery charges.

Halfway home, I again looked at the ticket and saw that the pickup date had been scheduled for 1/5/2015. I immediately got on the phone to clarify a 12/5/14 pickup. She put me on hold, returning to say it was on "backorder" and wouldn't be available until January. I asked if she could check around the other stores in the Richmond area to see if one was in stock in another store. She said she would, and get back to me.

On December 4, having heard nothing from Kelly, I called the store and learned "she was working in another location". I explained our problem to the store manager; he said he would have to call his regional manager first, and if his boss agreed, he would check other stores and call me back (Why would he need approval to do that?!). A hour later, he called and said he had found the mattress at another local Sleepys about 15 miles away. I said we would pick it up at that store that evening.

When we got to the store, the mattress and boxspring were on the loading dock with our invoice number on it. It was loaded on to our truck and we brought it home. We we got inside, we noticed that the mattress was much thinner than we remembered and the mattress ID number was entirely different (the box spring was the correct one). We called the original store and explained the problem; the manager told us he would have to talk with his regional manager again and get back to us. An hour later, about a hour before closing, he called back and said if we could get to the store that night (and only that night) and show him the mattress we had bought, he would arrange to have the wrong mattress picked up and the correct one delivered. We rushed to the store; it had already turned off its outside sign when we got there - we had a hard time finding it in the dark among the other well-lit stores in the shopping center.

The manager was very nice and when I told him that Kelly had seemed rather "ditzy" when she worked up the order, he said that we were not the only customers who felt that way (Then, duh - why was she still working there?!). He arranged to have the correct mattress delivered the next day and the wrong mattress picked up.

(I guess the "backorder" issue had been miraculously resolved!).

We aked him if they had a floor sample of the mattress number that we had actually been given at pickup (matching the tag numbers), and he pointed it out to us - the mattress we received at pickup was cheaper by more than $300 than what we paid for! A classic example of "BAIT AND SWITCH" here!

Well, to give the story a happy ending (I hope), the correct mattress was indeed delivered and the wrong mattress picked up at no extra charge. After reading about the warrenty issues other customers have complained about, I expect this mattress will begin falling apart within a week. If it does, I'll come back and continue this saga of poor customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Sales Manager.

Reason of review: "Bait and Switch" - cheaper item received than item purchased.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being misled, Misinformed us, Salesman lied to us, Terrible customer service, Bait and switch.

Comments

csable@mattress.com
Sleepys Verified Representative

We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice # and customer code.

Sleepys - Simple Review #1398211277

On my 2nd beauty rest plush only weeks old and feels like we're sleeping in a hammock, sales manager is very nice though but says he sells plenty of these with no issues.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sleepys Sales Manager.

Sleepys - Sleepy's... Worst Customer service ever...

The other night, my wife and I decided to check out Sleepy's to get a new bed. We walked through the door and were greeted by our sales person, Kevin. He was really likeable and wasn't pushy. We ended up getting a Tempur-pedic Queen-size Cloud Supreme. After all was said and done, we spend $3,500 for the bed!!! That might be as expensive as other beds out there, but for me, that's a bit much,

Anyway, we went in on a Tuesday night and were told that we would have the bed by Friday. When the delivery people came, they told me that the bed frame that I bought wouldn't fit the wooden frame that we have so I needed bed beams instead. About 10 min later, they left the bed and box spring blocking our closet and main dresser.

I then called customer service and was told the beams that I needed weren't available that day and that I someone would need to deliver them the following day. Keep in mind, this was decided after 3 calls to the store and 3 calls to customer service. I tried explaining to the customer service rep that we had already taken apart our old bed and didn't have a place to sleep. She actually said, " if you need the beams that bad, you can drive to the warehouse 40 miles away"... what?!?!?! no thanks.

Fast forward to the next day, our delivery window was 8am to 12pm... around 11 or so, I got a phone call from Sleepy's Customer service saying that there was a problem at the warehouse and that I wouldn't get the bed beams until the following Wednesday. Not going to happen... again, my wife and I don't have a place to sleep. The rep told me she would look into it and called me back 10 min later and said she was able to find the beams and that they would be delivered the following day between 8 am and noon.

The following day, the delivery men came with a bed frame!!!! AGHHH!!!! I called customer service and explained that we were waiting for bed beams. The CS manager, named Vicky, told me that according to the notes in the computer, I agreed to this temporary bed frame and then have someone else deliver the correct beams to me the following week. WHAT?!?!?! I told her that wasn't the case and I never would have agreed to that. She was rude and irate the entire time.

she kept on interrupting me saying that I agreed to this and that I was lying about it. She said, "sir, I can pull the tape of the conversation". I said, then go ahead and pull the tape. She said, "I'm not going to pull the tape..." WTF?!?!?!

she then asked when i would like to set up the delivery for the beams. I thought she said that I agreed to the delivery already... and if I really did, then why would I need to set up any appointment. She was lying. I told her that I didn't appreciate her cutting me off while I was speaking. She said, "Sir... it's called a conversation... "

Unreal...

Ultimately, my wife and I had to go back to the original store and spoke to an Anne who listened to us and gave us a free pillow. She apologized for the inconvenience and that Sleepy's doesn't treat it's customer's like that. Anne was great, but customer service is horrible.

I have never been treated so poorly in my life by customer service. The way the Vicky spoke down to me, threatened me by saying she would "pull the tape to prove what I agreed to", pretty much called me a liar, used such an incredible amount of sarcasm and interrupted me repeatedly, I would never ever EVER bring my business with Sleepy's again.

I would never recommend buying from Sleepy's to anyone. Why? Because, according to our sales reps, the pricing for Tempur-pedic beds is the same across the board. If that's the case, if I can't get a better price at Sleepy's, I'll at least tell people to go to a place where they will be treated with respect.

Horrible experience....

Burlington, New Jersey, United States #704343

I think everyone who has this similar horrible experience should drop,their beds off at their local Sleeplys Store. If buyers see mattress pile up I am sure they will not buy.

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you. We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint.

SLEEPYS MATTRESS

BUYER BE WARE when it comes to Sleepys Mattress company. The in-store model is NOT what you receive!!!

The name on the mattress is the same BUT the feel, quality, comfort is not the same. You receive an INFERIOR product. I purchased an Avondale Plush Luxury firm. At the Sleepy showroom in South Kingstown, the mattress set was exactly what we wanted.

what we received first was a dirty mattress. naturally I refused delivery. Little did i know I should have refused the product all together. the second set appeared fine until we went to sleep.It was so hard we both wondered if it was the same set we tried.

After 9 days and back, shoulder and hip pain developed, i called. Was told to give it at least 30 days for a break-in period. within 21 days I went to the store. After sales people at the store (note no manager ever called me nor is a manager in the store)and begin told to speak to corporate while corporate tell you to speak ti the store.

I contacted the Rhode Island Attorney general consumer division. RIAG got a response for me (THANK YOU RIAG). Sleepys offered a mattress topper valued at 689 or $200 toward another mattress and they keep the poor quality one I just purchased from them I paid $900. OVER-- do NOT purchase a mattress from SLEEPYS or 1-800-Mattress.

the two companies are under the same umbrella company. I went to four Sleepys in RI and ONE came close to the mattress quality i received (cowesett ave in warwick) the other three (south Kingstown, north Kingstown, Newport) were like the one I expected but not like the one I received. FYI-1-800-mattress had the exact one I received.

OVERALL--ask if the mattress you try in the store will be the same QUALITY--WORKMANSHIP--COMFORT, etc. as you will receive.

Comments

Thank you for sharing your concern(s). We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you.

Sleepys - Really?

Went to Sears in Woonsocket RI to purchase a mattress only to find out they don't sell them at that location. Sleepys happened to be in that same plaza so I popped over there.

I purchased a $4,000 mattress for alittle over $1,000- which i thought was a good deal. Delivery set for 12/16. Hey guess what? It never came!

The company did call to inform me at 9pm that my mattress would not be delived that day. They gave me other times for a couple days later (yes thats right a COUPLE DAYS LATER) to deliver. Called today and simply asked to be reimbursed the delivery fee and the sales rep was so rude. Essentially he couldn't deal with me and is having his manager call me.

He sighed alot- said he didn;t know me (didn;t know that was a factor in selling mattresses)put me on hold while I was in mid sentence for extensisve periods of time.

I work in customer service- If i "essentially blamed my customer" I woudl be fired! Paul- your a real assjerk