Youngsville, North Carolina
Resolved
2.3
Style and Design

I went with my brother to Sleepy's in Raleigh on 11/29/15 to get a bed. The reps there assured us that we could change or upgrade our order if he wasn't happy with it.

No one ever told him he could not return the bed not the mattress. He called the store several times and they would not answer his calls (even though the rep stayed in the phone the whole time we were there). I called a different store and they said "sure we'll exchange it" (he wanted a bigger bed) but then they changed their minds, stating that the items he purchased were non-refundable. A brand new adjustable base and a brand new foam mattress were magically min-refundable?

They said it was clearance. Our paperwork said no such thing. I'd have one manager tell us they'd work with us then another would call and say "no." One new manager called and told us she was new and was unable to address the dishonest sales team but her hands were tied and we could not return or exchange the bed. She suggested we sell it in eBay.

The fine print is on the back, and no one ever made reference to it.

We also paid for extended protection. Yeah....

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. swestra68 stated that there is a room for improvement of dishonest sales team. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of sleepys sales manager. Sleepys needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sleepys sales manager in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sleepys.

Comments

swestra68

It took a while but corporate reached out to me and made the deal BETTER but not great. They told us they would refund the price of the mattresss then we could sell it and buy a bigger mattress.

When we accepted that offer, the offer changed later and they wanted the mattress back. We ended up just keeping the whole set and getting a nice chair for a fee.

Not a great experience. The communication problems with the company are pervasive- everyone knows nothing about what the others are doing.

Youngsville, North Carolina, United States #1093271

I received some satisfaction from Sleepy's corporate. As I stated, there was no reference to the mattress being on clearance.

There was no reference that the items were non-refundable. So they offered a store credit so that my brother could get something else. We are glad it has been resolved.

It's a shame that this could not be handled locally, but either way, we're happy. Thank you!

emurphy
Sleepys Verified Representative

We're sorry to hear this and would love a chance to chat and help resolve your concerns. Please email us at social@mattress.com with your order #, contact information, and reference case #01624667.

to emurphy Youngsville, North Carolina, United States #1086318

Thank you, I'm getting it together as we speak. After i posted it, I took the time to read the "fine print." Nothing stated it was non-refundable. All he wanted was to swap it out for a bigger model.

that should read NON-REFUNDABLE