Bottom line- Sleepy's has NO interest in being honorable or doing the right thing. Many (but not all) of their employees are apathetic, rude (ESPECIALLY "JOE D. R. in customer service- who actually refused to let me speak to me manager and then HUNG UP on me mid-conversation) and weighed down by corporate red tape that keeps them from valuing their customers. They're only interested in taking your money.

AVOID SLEEPYS AT ALL COSTS- Take your business where they care about you and take pride in their product

My story:

So I was all set to buy the Simmons Angelique Plush from Macy's when I wandered into Sleepy's on a whim and asked if they had a comparable mattress. The salesman told me I was in luck! The Simmons Balthazar was the same bed! He showed it to me and assured me that it was nearly identical in every way to the Angelique Plush (and superior in the few ways it differed).

I took the bait and bought the bed.

The minute it was delivered I KNEW something was different. I was sinking down into a deep "V" shape (I only weigh 110 pounds) and I was waking up sore and miserable. I called the 800 number, thinking I must've gotten a defective bed, it felt SO different from the one at Macy's- to their credit- they admitted that the Balthazar line "is notoriously inconsistant" and sent out an identical replacement at no charge.

But it was no better.

I went back to Macy's and reassured myself that I wasn't crazy- the Angelique Plush felt totally supportive. I then called the 800 number again, just to make SURE that the bed I got was ,in fact, the right comp- the woman told me that it wasn't! I had been given the Balthazar PILLOWTOP!!

I knew it!

Thrilled that it wasn't all in my head- I went to the store where I bought it and told them of the mix-up- turns out, they didn't even have the Plush version in the showroom and rather than lose the sale (and sending me 2 blocks away to try out the bed I was looking for) the guy just pretended that the bed he had was the bed I wanted. Oh and by the way, the pillow-top version was MORE EXPENSIVE.

Needless to say-I wanted to switch to the plush. And because I was still within the 21 DAY comfort exchange policy- they were willing to do- for a $249 fee, plus $80 for delivery. I felt this was an unfounded charge, considering I was sold a different mattress than the one I wanted.

The salesman told me there was nothing he could do about the charge and that I'd have to call 1-800-Sleepys about it.

So I did.

After a brief conversation with a snarky woman who clearly had no power or interest in helping me- I requested to speak with her manager- a *** named JOE.

He got on the phone and halfway through telling him my tale he interupted me and rudely said "What is it you want". I tried to finish my story but he just said "Ma'am, we won't be waiving those charges".

I then politely asked Joe if he could recommend who would be able to waive those charges- he said "No one." I asked to speak with the person above him and at first he said "There is no one above me". When I pressed him, he said "None of the managers are available" and when I told him I would hold-he said "Uh no, you will not hold- I won't have you tying up this line" I asked for his name and he refused to give me any more than his intials "J.D.R." and then he hung up on me.

When I went back to the store and the salesman, who had begun to take pity on me, tried to make a call to the hotline to get the fees waived- and he was told- are you ready?- that good ol' Joe D R had put a note on my account to not waive the fees under any circumstances.

Can you believe that?

I'm disgusted.

I feel frustrated and beaten up and taken advantage of and want to keep every single person I can from making the same mistake I did by "Trusting Sleepys".

Comments

Absolutely, terrible customer service. I purchased a Tempur-Pedic bed to the tune of 6500.00.

The bed was leaning to one side. No one should have to go through the *** I had to go through, it was unbelievable! What I was told was that “they don’t make the bed, just sell them” Even after I had a technician out and indicated on the survey that I was not satisfied, no one has called or returned phone calls. I also spoke with the manager about the delivery truck tearing up my lawn and damaging my mailbox and no one has ever returned a call.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I have a family member and friend I was able to catch in time and convince them not to buy a Tempur-Pedic from them.

Hodkovicky, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic #27811

"Joe" above is Joe Schuster, who's in charge of refusing to give customer service, and getting rid of customers who complain. My experience with Sleepy's is the same.

They sold me a defective mattress and then refused to even discuss with me about replacing it, saying that it was outside "Company Policy" which they had "No Authority" to change. Tell everyone you know not to buy from Sleepy's - you will regret it.

Los Arcos, Navarra, Spain #24973

I got a Kingstown Empire PT Full MAT from Sleepys 3 months back. Right from the beginning the bed has been very uncomfortable. I am about 145 lbs and my body becomes the shape of a triangle when i sleep on it. This bed was sold me by the customer service representative. So I called up Sleepys to have an inspector come over and the inspectors report said:

1. Lumpy

2. 1" Middle Left Side

3. Matt has 1 lump 1st row

The inspector mentioned that should be the reason for Sleepys to provide me with a warranty exchange. Then I got a letter saying that :

"Both the warranty and foundation are up to the manufacturers standards as stated in your warranty and booklet."

I went through the booklet and called up Sleepys again to mention that there is no mention of 1" lump. They decided to do nothing about it. I am stuck with this inconvenient mattress. Sleepys is a monopoly and has recently been sued by New Jersey State. Like thousands of others who have been victim of their false and dirty business practice and I really hope they go out of business.

Locarno, Ticino, Switzerland #21984

SLEEPY'S I SA COMMUNIST OUTFIT RUN BY TERROR ROGUES WHO PREY *** AMERICANS AND *** JEWS IN PARTICULAR. THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN AND LIKE UP ON WAR CRIMES AND TERRORISTICAL CRIMES.

HUNG BBY THE NECK UNTILL DEAD AND FED TO RABID DOGS. THERE CHILDREN SHOULD BE RAPED AND KILLED AND THERE PARENTS LOCKED IN STEMING CATTLE CARS.

Locarno, Ticino, Switzerland #21983