I purchased a Simmons Beautyrest mattress in January of 2013, by mid-year the mattress was showing signs that it was failing. The top two feet of the mattress gives way completely with even minor pressure applied to it (with full body weight you go straight to the foundation), the sides of the bed are bulging out, and there is a nice bump going across the middle of the mattress right around the lumbar support area.

I scheduled an inspection in November (around the 15th), the earliest possible time was December 9. On December 9th, no one showed up (later heard that the inspector was in some sort of accident), finally rescheduled that for January 6. He did show up that day, took the photos and said he would submit the report right away (which he seems to have done).

I called Sleepy's on the 14th on January and was told, "Your mattress is fine and meets "all" of our specifications", basically telling me the warranty wouldn't be covered. I was livid and went through one support rep telling me "That's how mattresses work and coils work, this mattress has a pillow top so it will be soft" Infuriating, I'm not *** Sleepy's, I know how a bed is supposed to work. Thanks for having your support rep speak down to me like I have no brain. I, then, was transferred to someone else who told me the same thing, and then transferred to a "supervisor" who told me that they couldn't warranty it. He also told me how he "had that exact bed and loved it so much and that he didn't understand why you're having problems" and to call Simmons directly. (Also, I asked him to forward me the inspection report, gave him my personal email, and was told it would be sent over this afternoon, I never received this report. My email is simply my full name, nothing to get mixed up on, so I do not think that would be there reasoning)

I called Simmons directly, and they were not pleased. Apparently you can't call Simmons directly because they can't do anything for you if you purchased the mattress from Sleepy's. So they woman I spoke with was not happy, we both came to the conclusion that the last man I spoke with at Sleepy's fed me a line to get me off the phone. She was very helpful however, and suggested that I forward the inspection report to her directly and she would try to help.

I received a call from Sleepy's later that night telling me my warranty would now be covered, ONLY if I purchased another Simmons mattress at Sleepy's. Great, I thought. I have 658.04 to buy a new mattress. While it turns out that unless you are getting their specials, that doesn't seem to amount to much of anything. I came to conclusion that to find a suitable replacement mattress, I'd look around the 700-800 range. Meaning I'm spending another 40-140 dollars when I walk in.

The part of this whole dilemma that gets me is they want me to pay a $99 fee for delivery and removal. I paid this fee within the last calendar year, they sold me a faulty mattress and now want me to pay them to get a new one, even though I have a warranty. I spoke with multiple people who told me that they could not waive that fee at all, no one had the ability except the "director of warranty support". The fact that I paid this fee within the last twelve months (on a mattress with a ten year warranty) should allow me to have it waived. Mind you, with the additional cost I'm spending, I'm now at 140-240 dollars, to have a mattress WARRANTIED.

At this point, I have decided to NEVER shop at Sleepy's again, nor use my warranty. The scam they are running should be illegal. They do not cover anything for your mattress, unless you fight them and go above their heads with it, so take that warranty you're being sold with the biggest grain of salt you can find. I will never let anyone I know shop at Sleepy's EVER again. Biggest $900 mistake I ever made.

So thanks Sleepy's, in my book, you have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I feel more welcomed at the DMV than on the phone with your support staff. I'm glad I wasted $900, I'll be taking my business, and the business of anyone I can tell, with me elsewhere.

Comments

New York, New York, United States #803517

After reading this post, I will not shop at Sleepys.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States #787387

We are having a similar issue with this company and I'm actually reaching out to the company that completed our inspection, as the problem they discovered is completely different from what this company is stating. We are having to pay for delivery of our replacement box spring even though we've had our mattress for less than six months.

cathy sable
Hicksville, New York, United States #774309

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Please email your invoice # and/or customer code to csable@mattress.com also providing the best contact # to reach you. We look forward to working with you on resolving the matter.